Modification Database?

Halloweenie

Bearded Banjo Brawler
Reaction score
In the two-stroke Vespa/Stella modification community I know of two databases in which people input into a form, or Excel file, what mods they have done (i.e. carbs,air filters, oil, jets, top end, exhausts, etc.) as well as their elevation and how the mods perform. That way, others have a general starting point when going to try their own modifications in an easy to find and read format, and the number of annoying newb questions stay down.

Does something like this exist in the XS650 world and I am just too dumb to find it? I don't want to be the newb asking stupid jetting questions if the data is easily found elsewhere.

Cheers!

If it is kept to just model, top end, carb & jets, air filters, and exhaust, I think it would be manageable.

We could make it a rolling database. Attach an Excel file to this thread or one created especially for it, and people could download it, add themselves, and then attach it to the next post in the thread for the next person.

If anyone wants to experiment with it, they can just start posting in this thread and I can input the data. I have an Excel sheet ready to go. To cut down on the amount of time/energy to enter the data, I would prefer the data in the following format.

1. Username
  2. Year/Model
  3. Top End
  4. Carbs
  5. Needles
  6. Needle Jets
  7. Main Jets
  8. Pilot Jets
  9. Air Filters
  10. Exhaust

If anyone thinks that I am missing anything, please let me know.

Halloweenie, I actually have all of this information for my bike, but the formula assumes two carbs, I suppose. What about us one-carb guys? Would that require another field/category in the database?

TC

1.Username RecycleBill
2.Year/Model: 1983 XS Heritage
3.Top End: Stock
4.Dual Carbs 34mm Mikuni
5.Needles: Stock
6.Needle Jets: Stock
7.Main Jets: Mike'sXS part#48-0119 size #135
8.Pilot Jets: Stock
9.Air Filters Mike'sXS Pods Part #15-0035
10.Exhaust: Mike'sXS headpipes Part #07-0757 with Taper Tip Part #07-0041
11.Altitude: 900' above sea level

Halloweenie, I actually have all of this information for my bike, but the formula assumes two carbs, I suppose. What about us one-carb guys? Would that require another field/category in the database?

TC

Just list what carb you have, I will enter it with "(s)" to denote it is a single.

Thanks for being number one RecycleBill!

Back