Monster Craftsman complaint!

IllusiveJack

OldBiker on YouTube
Reaction score
I ordered a chain tensioner from Monster Craftsman a while back and it turned up with the wrong spring, meaning that the tensioner would only work facing the wrong direction, if I had a bike with the chain on the right hand side it would work fine, but seeing as they were selling these for an XS650 which has the chain on the left hand side, I would presume that the ones they send out would be the correct ones. I was wrong!

I emailed Jon and he asked if I could just turn it around, I explained that would be impossible as there was no room to turn it around, I live in the UK and not only did I have to pay import duties on the tensioner, but I also purchased a spare sprocket to go with it, it cost me quite a few $$$ in the end.

It went quiet on the email front and I never heard from Jon again, even sending more emails to him with no responses.

I would like to ask Jon, as I know hes more than likely on this forum, or somebody who knows him to ask him for me, is there any chance you can send me the correct part for the tensioner I purchased from you?

Thats odd because when I had an issue with a brat kit from them and it didn't fit my '72 frame they paid postage both ways and even installed it on my frame.

Back