Motorcycle Racing Then & Now

1682315343116.png

These days the stewards would be hotter than the end of of his ciggy. I can't help thinking that at least some ash made it into the tank as well.

That is a totally cool picture of MotoGP bikes and riders JP!!!
Is it possible to share the link or whatever so we could have a higher resolution image?:hump:
Thanx, I thought it was cool too. I came across it on Pinterest and tried to find the source, to no avail, and enlarged it as much as I could without quality suffering even more. Apparently it's a poster someone created for sale

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/657389873/2023-motogp-world-champions-poster-gift

Thanx, I thought it was cool too. I came across it on Pinterest and tried to find the source, to no avail, and enlarged it as much as I could without quality suffering even more. Apparently it's a poster someone created for sale

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/657389873/2023-motogp-world-champions-poster-gift
Thank you! I will check out that link. I've been more interested in MotoGP lately, after taking a bit of a break after Rossi retired. It is a slight soap opera at times though, it seems. I've never been a racer so I'm sure I don't understand.

I see an awful lot of Agostini in that chart.

So……Agostini vs Valentino Rossi vs Mick Doohan who do you think was the best? Different eras I suppose. Although I will make the argument that Agostini was sheer talent who won without the aid of modern electronics.

But nobody could save a crash better than Marc Marquez! That guy would just hang on and use his knees and elbows to push him back up!
IMG_5870.jpegIMG_5871.jpegIMG_5872.jpeg

So, remind me what class of racing you were competing in there? Can you tell me about the era of the machines and some examples of the bikes that were competing? I find this interesting.
The class is Sportsman 750, with AHRMA. My XS is now a 750. Other riders in this class use Honda CB750, Norton 750, Triumph Trident, BMW. The bike needs to be no later than '69, unless like design (mine is a78). There are about 14 races a day at a meet, starting from tank shifters to early 2000 superbikes

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    542.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 45
The class is Sportsman 750, with AHRMA. My XS is now a 750. Other riders in this class use Honda CB750, Norton 750, Triumph Trident, BMW. The bike needs to be no later than '69, unless like design (mine is a78). There are about 14 races a day at a meet, starting from tank shifters to early 2000 superbikes
Where were those 3 photo's taken?

Back