Mounting Givi 36L hard cases on Special

maxdog

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have come across a couple of Givi 36L hard cases that I am thinking about mounting on a 1980 Special. Have any of you suggestions on a feasible rack/mount that could tie the two together? I suspect I will have to cob something together, but maybe someone has done this before and can advise. Thanks.

I have them on my Moto Guzzi. I was lucky enough to get the whole kit for a song (bags, mounts, luggage rack - $100) from a shop going out of business. What I like about them is they're not left or right handed bags but can go on either side. You can also use one as a top trunk if you have a luggage rack with the mounting pegs.

OK, some info on the mounts. If yours are like mine then they use a 3 point attachment configuration. There are two slotted plates on the lower back of the bag that fit onto mushroom shaped pegs on the rack. The lock on top snaps onto a different shaped tab at the top of the bracket. These are the only pics I have at the moment but I can take more and get some measurements for you if you like .....

Guzzi.jpg

GiviMnt.jpg

OH, my bags ...... that shop apparently had trouble selling these because of the color. Well, my little eyes bugged out when I say them !!!!! They were a match made in Heaven for my Guzzi .....

FingerLakes2.jpg

MyLeMans.jpg

Thanks. I had a Guzzi California Stone a while back, had to sell it.

Anyway, I have discovered some websites that sell the "tab" and the "lugs" separately for the 3 point Givi mount. Looking for a way to attach them to a plate and then mount the plate to the bike somehow. Was hoping there was a generic rack that would provide mounting to the XS650 Special and then fabricate a "plate" to attach to the rack and then the bags to the plate. They sell the plates for Givi, but ridiculously expensive in my mind.

Got some links to those sites? I'd love to have some extra pegs just in case.

Thanks for that. I also found them right from Givi, through any of their dealers. Turns out the Honda shop about 2 miles away is one so I'm all set.

Back