Moving Eight Motorcycles

gene xs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this topic has been covered to some extent, but I think my issue is at least somewhat unique.

I need to transport eight complete motorcycles from Houston to western North Carolina within the next six weeks or so. We are moving and I will take the whole stable with me. Transporting them myself would be more expensive (and certainly time consuming) than paying someone to do it.

I've gotten a quote for transporting all eight at an average of $550 each from Shiplux. Any ideas on who else to call to obtain a quote for the whole group of eight? It seems like it should cost less than $4500 to ship them so I'd like to get a few more quotes. Thanks in advance.

BTW, my wife knows that there a lot of motorcycles, but she doesn't know the exact number. Please don't tell her :).

I have used U-Ship before, you might check with them, maybe someone would give you a flat price for a single load, regardless of how many bikes. Be aware that U-Ship is just a facilitator for private haulers , the people involved and their vehicles and trailers are all vastly different.

I dont know of US conditions .But here sometimes A trucking company gets a regular freight contract
Long time
fex freighting Beer every Thursday night from X to Y .Year in an year out
And going empty back no return freight
Back in the 70 ies I knew a couple Long Haul drivers I would have been in the position to set something up.
Like that here. Spreading the word.
Houston is a Big City .
As the saying goes business is personal and some Cash in the hand for a return freight that would be empty
anyways.
Why not. Cash is King and always was king $ 2200 on the side so to Speak everyone would take that
Straight down into the Pocket. No receipt No questions :But one perhaps needs personal Knowledge of the People Good Guys
Provided it is done under the radar -- again so to speak.

We have a proverbial " walk quietly in the doors " best . deal with the driver

There was also people Dont know the English word " Spedtitör " perhaps " forwarding agent "
that managed the paperwork and had the Knowledge who is driving what when.
If it is not needs to be planned exact time perhaps worth a try.

Depends of course on insurance and so what bikes

I have used U-Ship before, you might check with them, maybe someone would give you a flat price for a single load, regardless of how many bikes. Be aware that U-Ship is just a facilitator for private haulers , the people involved and their vehicles and trailers are all vastly different.

I’ve shipped about 10 bikes via Uship. Always had a good experience with em.

I’ve used a motorcycle specific trucking company once or twice too but I forget the name. They were a bit more expensive but still a good deal.

Ive used these folks twice now in the last couple of years.

Not the cheapest, but they do a great job and take great care of your bikes...its all they haul and the drivers are riders too.

1682734025389.png

1682733775520.png

Ive used these folks twice now in the last couple of years.

Not the cheapest, but they do a great job and take great care of your bikes...its all they haul and the drivers are riders too.

View attachment 241602
View attachment 241601
I had a good experience with HaulBikes when I bought my tracker. They were very proffesional, had bike dedicated trucks and nice , professional drivers. If they can do a "8 bike package" for a discount I would go with them.

Back