my 1st build thread

walterpunk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
well here it is 79 xs with visual impacts brat kit, pma, pamco and some goodies from gordonscott. gas tank, fender and side covers painted by a guy named bob lol. Cant really tell by the cell phone pictures but the black has green metalflake in it. everything else is powdercoated black by some friends at one of my old jobs. made the sidecovers and frisco tank mounts with my dad in the little propane forge he uses for horseshoes haha. made all the brackets at home and at work and welded with my lincoln 140. the foot pegs are stock ones i cut up and rewelded pegs from my brothers ninja. just wiring it at the moment hence all the hanging wires, then just gotta do brakes and a couple other little things. thats all i can think of right now lol. Thanks to everybody that helped me out and for all the inspiration i had from the countless hours of looking at build threads and craploads of other threads that i dont remember lol. hope ya like it!

Attachments

• xs650side.jpg
    xs650side.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 110
  • xs650 rearview.jpg
    xs650 rearview.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 76
Technically it's not a build thread since it's already done. Nice bike regardless. Plan on lowering the forks at all? Looks like it could use and inch and a half or so drop.

Haha ya i guess youre right and thanks! i havent considered it too much. it wont be till next year if i do lower the front though. getting anxious to get on the road and running out of time haha

you could do it in less then an hour and 6 beers i bet! do it at night or after a ride, itll look good. but if you do it before the ride make sure you finish your beers first.

Lol jake it wouldnt take too long ive taken the forks apart on both my 650s a couple times. what will take a while is to order the parts and wait for them to get up here in canada lol. plus im more focused on riding than all of the little things that i dont need just yet haha

Back