1971XS1inOKC

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a pic of the 71 i picked up about 6 months ago. when i bought the bike it had a 77 tank on it and wiring was all kinds of messed up. it has since been rewired and i put a 71 tank on it. i also put the original style sidecovers on it and a front fender and stay off of a 72 on it. i painted the bike black because well i just like black lol. the seat should be in anytime soon and im waiting on MikesXS to get the black tank emblems back in stock. after that it should be on the road. bike only has about 12k on it and fires first kick everytime.

Before
full

Now
full

Wow... beeee-aaaaaa-yooooo-tee-faaaaaaw!!!! :)

And I like that rear fender treatment.

And can you please provide some data on your turn signals? Still trying to sort out what I'm going to do on mine.

TC

Wow... beeee-aaaaaa-yooooo-tee-faaaaaaw!!!! :)

And I like that rear fender treatment.

And can you please provide some data on your turn signals? Still trying to sort out what I'm going to do on mine.

TC

Hey TC thanks for the compliment unfortunately I don't know much about the turn signals they were put on by the previous owner. I will however take close up pics so you can see them.

I never have owned a bike with a front drum brake and I don't know how well they stop but they just look classic to me.Better than my disc . I have that model 77...the maxi maroon. The bike looks good in the first picture but it only gets better. Good work. The rear does look sort of british. Like a BSA Victor or something the way that fender and seat are.

I appreciate all the kind comments. The shocks are stock 71 shocks just painted the covers black along with the tank and sidecovers. I had a seat ordered on ebay but requested a refund because they seller is being shady by not providing a tracking # and said he shipped the seat to the wrong address. I think I might just pay the $200 and order the 70-73 seat on Mikes, if he ever gets the tank badges in i'd order both at once and be good to go. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back