My 79' XS650 build is finished (thanks to all the forum guidance)

79josh81

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well 4 months after buying a 79' xs650 that didn't run and leaked every fluid it wasn't supposed, I finally finished the build. The bike was stripped down, cleaned, chopped, hardtailed, painted, modded, and rewired by me alone with LOTS of time spent researching and using the forum members here as resources. Thank you guys for all your help. I learned a ton about the XS650 and dropped a ton of f-bombs along the way but here she is...

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

9BD06296-A528-43EC-A7D0-B5ED36EEAB52.jpeg

Last edited:
No excuses...18 this morning when dogs had me out this morning pedaling...get on that bike and go ...wow your bike!!!!!....friend had a saying... "sucks to be you"...i could not wait till winter over in Wisconsin to ride if that bike was near me...but if weather too bad it is quality winter garage drool time and you will enjoy too...

Last edited:
No excuses...18 this morning when dogs had me out this morning pedaling...get on that bike and go ...wow your bike!!!!!....friend had a saying... "sucks to be you"...i could not wait till winter over in Wisconsin to ride if that bike was near me.
It supposed to get into the 40’s in a day or two so I’ll be dressing warm and taking her out for as long as I can stand it.

Back