My first xs build thread

agclark719

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys been here a few weeks and i guess now its time to start my build thread! I got this 72 xs2 as trade for a 95 suzuki katana streetfighter basket case it was all original and im the 3rd owner bike hasnt seen the road since 1988. When i picked it up the oil was fairly clean and it started but it needs a stator. So first things first teardown. I will be adding more pictures and maybe some videos this weekend. The bike is getting a 1992 gsxr750 front end with the stock 650 wheel so i will have a whole walk through on that to write up as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 174
Just a quick update ive got the gsxr front end swap almost all done all i need now is spacers for the caliper which will be done friday then ill post new right side up pix!

Hey guys been here a few weeks and i guess now its time to start my build thread! I got this 72 xs2 as trade for a 95 suzuki katana streetfighter basket case it was all original and im the 3rd owner bike hasnt seen the road since 1988. When i picked it up the oil was fairly clean and it started but it needs a stator. So first things first teardown. I will be adding more pictures and maybe some videos this weekend. The bike is getting a 1992 gsxr750 front end with the stock 650 wheel so i will have a whole walk through on that to write up as well.

Was this taken in Australia, or am I upside down??? :shrug:

Back