My first XS650

Haalo

XS650 noob
Reaction score
Got an early Christmas present. My first XS650. It's a 1974 TX650A.

I need to do a carb job and fix the handlebars (they're a little loose). Then I hope to ride it for the summer and make it into a bobber next fall.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 180
So I finally got my bike running. I actually rode it for the very first time yesterday. The new VM34s from 650central work great, the drag bars are comfortable, but it wobbles pretty bad. It's not vibrating like the wheels are out of balance (no more than usual anyway), but it's almost like it wants to start a speed wobble. Does anyone have any ideas of what this might be? I'll probably start by getting new tires and having the wheels gone over, but could it be anything else?
Also, what is a good tire? I kinda want something a little knobby.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 127
I'd check wheel and steering neck bearings for starters. Wheel themselves for round and lateral. Nice looking ride to me as she sits!

Nice looking ride you have there!

We have had good luck with the bridgestone tw39/42 and the Shinko 705. Both very well priced as well.

ok. i've ordered swing arm bushings, neck bearings and wheel bearings, if it still sucks, i'll get the wheels looked at and maybe some new tires.

Back