My Top Tip today is...

put that Roll of gorilla tape in your helmet ! ya might have to trim your hair doo a bit to get it in there but when your in a restaurant everyone will know your Prepared !!!! LOL
I Used to have a layer of black tape just above the rubber bottom of my helmet, and barely folded over the end so it was easy to get off
I had 2 wraps so plenty of black tape with me at all times.... only needed it once in all my years of riding though.... you guessed it....tail light!
Bob............

I couldn't find my shop funnel, so I went to the recycle bin for inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 223
For those with 16 inch alloys you will know how difficult it can be to pump the tyres up. Well today I received my new all brass Truck Motorcycle Bike Auto Car 90 Degree Bend Tyre Extension from Ebay:
IMG_0690.JPG
It cost me £1.80 including post, looks well made, and works great. It is valved at both ends so can be left permanently attached to your pump.

Warning: There was a thread a couple of months back that mentioned the dangers of using 90 Degree tyre valves and I guess this applies equally to fitting these bends permanently to tyres.

^I'd like to find a hose about 6" with a screw-on tire fitting on one end and fitting for the air hose on the other.

^I'd like to find a hose about 6" with a screw-on tire fitting on one end and fitting for the air hose on the other.
what you are looking for is
Flexible Rubber Tyre Valve Extension http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222344016098
I just bought a couple an hour ago in response to paul Suttons post . I wasn't sure how the all brass 90 degree bend would screw onto a wire wheel tube

For those with 16 inch alloys you will know how difficult it can be to pump the tyres up. Well today I received my new all brass Truck Motorcycle Bike Auto Car 90 Degree Bend Tyre Extension from Ebay:
View attachment 104094
It cost me £1.80 including post, looks well made, and works great. It is valved at both ends so can be left permanently attached to your pump.

Warning: There was a thread a couple of months back that mentioned the dangers of using 90 Degree tyre valves and I guess this applies equally to fitting these bends permanently to tyres.

Brilliant idea Paul I have to pump my tyres up every time I go out and its a right PITA .
How do these fittings screw onto your existing tube valve ? Do they have a swivel nut ? My valves only stick out about 3/4" and are tight between the wheel spokes

In the photo above the bottom is a swivel nut with a rubber seal inside and a little thingy to depress the valve. At the other end is a normal tire valve which gets depressed when the air pumped is applied. I have used it a couple of times now and it is brilliant.

thanks Paul.
I wasn't sure looking at the ebay images and as there is no room to turn anything onto my valve it would definitely need a swivel nut .
I'll order a couple up thanks :thumbsup:

Yup,Yup....their just a bent extension of the valve core the one end just screws to the valve core the other end is a valve core so you just leave it screwed into your handy dandy pump ...don't leave it on the bike as it will un balance the tire !
I have been getting away with just bending the air hose ...so far.... <GRIN>
Bob....

Here is a photo to show how I keep my 90 degree bend permanently fitted to my foot pump:
IMG_0697.JPG
With the Flexible Rubber Tyre Valve Extension you could always fit one of these 90 degree bends if you cannot get a 90 degree version to fit your air line.

Last edited:
Here is a photo to show how I keep my 90 degree bend permanently fitted to my foot pump:
View attachment 104976
With the Flexible Rubber Tyre Valve Extension you could always fit one of these 90 degree bends if you cannot get a 90 degree version to fit your air line.
thats spot on Paul. I have just bought a nice compact double cylinder footpump for the bike and I'll attach a extension to that and keep another in my tool roll on the bike

Definately A Great idea Peanut....Keep one on the bike ! I remember as a Kid trying to put air in a back tire that the air hoses at the gas stations wouldn't fit on..... I hit 4 gas stations before I found one that would work !!!!! if I'ed have had that nifty extension with me I could have done it the 1st one !!!!
......and now days here in the states most places simply don't have Air compressors or coin operated ones that cost you $1.50 to turn on for about 1 minute ! ...that is very high priced air !!!!!!
Bob...........

I gave up months ago trying to fit that little o-ring on the brake or clutch lever. The problem was that when I pushed the lever into the perch the o-ring kept slipping out. Today I went at it taking a slightly different approach - I put a little superglue in the channel of the lever then pushed the o-ring into place and waited until the glue set. The lever then pushed easily into the perch without that little bugger coming out of place. Apparently some people use a tiny amount of superglue to locate a nut on their finger when working blind behind a dashboard??

Last edited:
^Yes. I found them and keep meaning to order one, Would also like to order a CO2 inflater gizmo. I put a plug in my last rear tire. You technically aren't supposed to but it was in the safest possible place for a plug I think. Kept riding it till it was nearly bald.

I am thinking of the CO2 also. They might even be good enough to blow a new tire onto the rims.

Back