My XS is finally re-done!

photojon

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So it took a year but she is finally done. Doesn't seem like a lot of work has been done. But im not a shop or even have a garage, I work wherever I can, whenever I can. When I cant do the work either its above my pay grade or I don't have the facilities I have to load it up and take it to my favorite shop in the Suburbs. Wanted to give a shout out to a couple people that helped me. Death Metal Choppers in round lake Il. Went out of business after helping install the 92' ZX-7 front end. And to Perfect Powder Coating in Gurnee Il. Among all the work they already had on their table they let my little frame squeak through with a quick turn around. And last but not least Gen-X performance in Highland Park Il. I used them for the reassembly and helping with the electrical work and tuning. Josie is the Queen on simplifying your harness.

After initially building the bike in 2010. I took some peoples advice and road it the way I had it for a couple years. Getting used to the way she rides and my feel for riding her.
Now for the changes:
Pamco Ignition
pod filters
LED turn signals front and Custom dynamics license plate w/lights
Shorty Muffler and wrapped in 1.5inch header tape
Brass Bushings
Progressive rear springs and shocks
Drag specialties speedo and tach, tach now runs off the points and not the engine. Ends up being faster and more accurate.
Lithium Ion battery, weight 1.2 Lbs
Posh gum handlebar grips #6monthswait
complete re-run wiring harness, new blade fuse box under seat

This is what the bike looked like when I first got it. 3.1 original miles. Unmolested until I came along.
First work being done
608a0cd6.jpg

First long trip from CHI to NY
DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Cut all the tabs off and ground down some frame pieces. Followed by the whole frame sand blasted and then powder coated glossy clear. Gives it a gray sparkle, But you can still see the grind marks.
John at Gen-x built me the most simple and kick ass under seat battery box. The Li ion battery and the new fuse box take up almost no space in the box, allowing me to store my wet riding gear and my k&n Drychargers so the air filters don't suck up water in the rain.
With having gen-x tuning the bike it, its one thing that I don't mind leaving to a pro.
Now she screams all the way up to 110mph with no stutter or problems.
Final Look
xs650-1.jpg

xs650-4.jpg

xs650-3.jpg

Back