Name me some good semi sticky meaty tires

got556

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Okay guys. Getting my build is getting closer to reality but I'm gonna retain the stock swinger on the '83.

Wish I had the funds to get the rear up to a 180 rear tire or so but anyways, can ya'll name me some meatier tires for the rear....that fit on a stock '83 swinger mind you.

I'm not too concerned with mileage as I'm used to swapping out tires on the sportbikes all the time. But I need something that looks like and for the most part acts like it was made for corners.

So that rules out any "vintage" tire.

Thanks guys.

ETA: Stock wire 16" rear drum and 19" front disc

Wear doesn't bother me but thank you for the heads. Do the dunlops run wide? I know I can stuff a 140/90-16 Avon Venom on the rear.

If anything they run kind of skinny. I've got a 130 on the back of my XS400.

Where do you guys recommend buying from? :) Thanks and any and all advice is appreciated.

One reason I run the GT501 is because I can get them from the local bike shop.

Those tires look kind of like Metzeler Lasertech. They aren't, but they look like them.

I thought the same thing w/ those tires that look like the Lasertech's...but you're right they aren't.

And I really hate when certain tires run skinny while others run fat but have the same "measurements". Same thing in the car scene. Used to run Dunlop Star Spec Z1's (stickiest street tire I've ever had...at $400 a pop they should be though) and those things were more like a 285 or 295 although they listed them as 275 lol.

I'm gonna take a hard look at these GT501's and thanks.

Back