NASCAR, That's Adorable

I got to go with my firend who had a ride and drive here at Dover. He got a few practice laps then 10 solo laps. It was really cool. Those cars are nutz when you get in one.
The only problem was that you could not pass anyone. Unfortunately the guy that was in front of him wouldn't get out of first gear, lol. So everyone behind them was going slow. A few people complained and they pulled him off to let the others drive. Of course this guy was talking a whole lot of shit before he got in the car. Guess the actual car was a whole lot faster than his couch.

Same thing I saw at Pomono when I was in the Marines. They chose a bunch of Marines to drive a funny car down the track. I think only a few had the balls to hold the throttle past mid track. One buddy said it scared the shit out of him and he thought the car was going to explode. It wasn't, it's how they are.

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't let that statement go.[/QUOTE Well you should have let it go before the name calling and and your morbid description a dead truck driver and burnt bodies that was pretty sick if you ask me. Then that old fart TIM calling me an Idiot. I din't see the crash first hand saw it on the replay after they said no one got hurt the funny part was them trying to put thefire out and taking the fire truck taking a long time to get there since nascar stresses safety. You could have ask me what I thought was funny about it first Before the personal attack against site rules you should read them before running your mouth. scabber:poke:

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't let that statement go.[/QUOTE Well you should have let it go before the name calling and and your morbid description a dead truck driver and burnt bodies that was pretty sick if you ask me. Then that old fart TIM calling me an Idiot. I din't see the crash first hand saw it on the replay after they said no one got hurt the funny part was them trying to put thefire out and taking the fire truck taking a long time to get there since nascar stresses safety. You could have ask me what I thought was funny about it first Before the personal attack against site rules you should read them before running your mouth. scabber:poke:

:rolleyes:

Reread your own quote...................

I thought it was a hoot when montoya ran into track dryer and burst into flames

Last edited:
As a long time racer of bikes and cars myself, I realize first hand how dangerous it can be. I live with it, yeah I might not come out the other side in one piece. But like Peter Egan said 'Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty'.

It does bother me sometimes that the lamestream media will show a gawdawful crash, while it's showing I see a guy not much different from me who is within a whisker of dying but someone sitting next to me who has no idea of what it's like to strap in says 'ooohh, how cool'.

Back