Neck plate alternative

PhatTony

I love twins
Reaction score
Finishing up the last part on my bike before it goes to the welders for final welding. My neck plate. I raked it 7 degrees. Top tube has been slugged 1 inch either way of the cut so I feel that will be safe but the lower legs were notched and welded but could not be slugged. Not gonna run neck gussets if I don't have to.

I devised a different plate to reinforce the lower tubes. It's plated on both sides but you can only see one side in the pic. (Obviously it's only tacked in, it will be fully welded if I decide to keep it)

full

Ignore the tank mounts they will be replaced with a better looking mount I will make. Those were just to get the height of the tank right.

According to the Physics in my head it will work just fine but sometimes I tend to forget certain variables.

Any reason this will not work?

Pic of the bike half way through tear down if anyone is interested. I forgot to take a pic when it was all mocked up.
full

As long as the cups won't fold in and out of the rubber dampners of the tank, nope I don't. I'm no expert on these matters.

azman, I was talking about the plate tacked on the down tubes not the tank mounts. The tank mount is going to be replaced by something better looking anyway

My bad. I think your plate will serve you well and really stiffen up that area after its welded in.

Back