Need a damn chain tensioner!

maxwell

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
not one of those fancy bolt-on/weld-on ones, just a regular old chain tensioner that the rear axle goes through. don't ask me why my dumb ass needs one, but i do. and i can't find them anywhere.

the only thing that comes up are those aftermarket springloaded thingies that weld/bolt-on to the frame.

can any of you folks point me in the right direction? :(

bike is working with a tcbro's hardtail, by the way... apparently some people are saying the chain tensioners used for those are different?

Dude i used xs400 tensioners and reamed them out and they work awsome i have the exact same hardtail as u if u have no luck i got a extra set that i can ream out for ya if u want

Posted via Mobile

Just remember that the right side and left side are different. The right side axle holes (inner/outer) are the same diameter, but the outside of the left adjuster has a smaller diameter. That is so only the threaded end comes out and not the whole axle. The alignment cut marks should be on the top of the adjusters as well.

Thanks b1! I already ordered a new set though. i'll let you know what happens with em.

And thanks Bill. I definitely appreciate the pro-tip. I'll make sure i keep it in mind. I just can't wait to get this fuckin thing back on the road already! the worst part is we had a 65 degree day here today. got all hyped up and shit to go ride, and wound up finding out i needed this shit. AWFUL day lol

I used CB750 ones; they work pretty well with the 3/4" washers you have to use with the tail.

Back