need advise on my fuel lines and vacuum lines

sideswipeRx8

XS650 Member
Reaction score
are my fuel lines correct? or is there an other way i can run them..

Attachments

• IMG_3821.jpg
    IMG_3821.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 743
That will work. I bought some snowmobile fuel line at a local sports shop. Ethanol-resistant and much smaller outside diameter. Helps a lot in those tight spaces.

Every bit of fuel in your tank will pour out of the horseshoe-shaped hose on the right. Cap that hose off. The carbs are already internally invented.

Other than that, that is how I do it, except that I go to a MC shop and buy the standard clear blue 1/4" polyethylene hose. Parts Unlimited sells it too. You do NOT need hose clamps with it, and you can see if your fuel is flowing. Once you attach it to your petcock, or carb, or filter, it will NEVER come off, unless you grease the fitting first, I like to use white lithium grease, and even then, it is hard to get off. The polyethylene is good stuff, once you try it, you will see.

Use a little piece of 1/4" unthreaded rod, and a small piece of the polyethylene hose, to cap off the right carb inlet in your pic. If you don't have 1/4" rod, you can use a long 1/4" bolt, and use the unthreaded shank near the bolt head, discarding the rest of the bolt.

Where in Texas are you?

Last edited:
Yeah, I was about to add that what I wrote assumes you have a single petcock. If you have two petcocks, get rid of one and simplify your life.

yeah i purchased the carb with nothing on it so im confused on how to run my fuel lines.. i guess ill plug it then since i really dont need it.. lol yeah im from texas

I am in Austin. There are a bunch of us here with XS650s who wrench and ride together. Where in Texas are you?

Sounds bad ass having a group of 650 driving around together.. I'm from ft worth really no many ppl know what a xs650 is :/

i am going to purchase a 79 xs650 with a benjis carbon fiber cafe racer kit on it. the bike has upgrades like starter wiring harness petcock battery regulator and rectifier. only thing needed is gas lines hooked up carbs adjust and timing done i will need some assistance with those items. the orignal owner was doing the work and recently had to move into a smaller place with no where to work on the bike so thats why they quit working on the bike. any help and direction where to go would help thanks

Back