Need Black Plastic or Metal Piece for Fron Wheel Hub

glennpm

Another Old Biker Nut!
Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I took off the black plastic piece that covers the whole on the left side of the front wheel hub. the part is obsolete so I'm hoping somebody can help me out and send me a spare. The early ones were metal and some aluminum so any would work. the Aluminum piece from the XS750 would be awesome!

Anyway, PM me or post here if you can help my build, a '79 Cafe XS650.

Thanks,
Glenn
Huntersville, NC

Glennpm,
If you manage to find the TX750 cover, you are indeed lucky....I have another idea for you, not shiny alloy, but black plastic. All Ducati M600 and SS600, some M750 and SS750 have single disc, but the wheel is machined for twin discs. So the LH disc flange has a black plastic cover. The Ducati discs have the same bolt circle as the XS (80 mm) and the same ID (64 mm) The OD may be different, but should be close. The Ducati cover needs 3 low head M8 cap screws (allen screws)

Yes, the TX750 alloy cover is a rare and beautiful piece. Good luck getting someone to part with one of those, lol.

articXS, that's a good tip!

I noticed that in my coffee deprived state this morning that I failed to mention that I broke the piece and thats why I'm looking for a replacement. Ducati parts are made of gold but it is worth looking for.

Thanks

5twins,

That beautiful piece would look WAY better on my bike then in your display cabinet!!

LOL and running for cover ;-)

Oh, I display it all right, on my bike, lol .....

DiscMountCover.jpg

The speedo drive is also TX750 and polished. I like the look better than the stock black 650 unit.

Yesterday, while looking at stuff at Jerry Heiden's website, I saw that he has the black plastic ones, that just snap into the bolt holes. Price was around 6 Euros, or 8$. Since Heiden and MikesXS often offer the same bits, Mikes may have it too. Not the coolest looking item, but surely good enough for covering up the bolt holes, and as lightweight as can be.
And regarding the nice, alloy TX750 item. I am sure Hugh can make a replica of these. With a milling machine and a rotary feed table, it is an easy job. So if you really want an alloy one, just have one made!

Back