Need clutch primary driven gear

Wirelic

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Guys,
im in need of the primary driven gear for a 1981 XS650. It is Yamaha part # 256-16150-02-00. On the Yamaha parts diagram of the clutch it is part 2. If you have this part, please contact me. Or if you have any ideas where I can get it, I’d be super appreciative. This part is no longer made by Yamaha. Thank you for your help!

More commonly known as the clutch basket, I should have a few.

1667308275259.png

You're just a bit beyond throwing distance Weather's sposed to be VERY nice through Thursday. ;^)

Gary,
Thanks for your fast reply. The part I really need is #2 on the drawing you’ve displayed. But, if it comes with the entire clutch basket, I’ll take it. You may email me directly here: howardstender@yahoo.com

thanks!

I think that would me him happy, knowing he’s still doing good deeds and helping people out. With a little assistance from the Baron of Baraboo!
Skin Moustache GIF by SkinBaron
Ditto!
BTW, IMHO that's a much better likeness of our Mod. than Ole Barney.

Guys,
l’ve been rebuilding this 81 XS 650 for a friend who has some very serious health problems. He’s in his 70s and hopes to get a few rides yet. He has an artificial knee so wants electric start to work, but it wasn’t. So far, I had to rebuild the entire front brake system. The wiring was chewed up by mice, so installed a new wiring harness and complete new starter button assembly. The original starter was junk so put in a good, used starter. Then, did the #4 starter gear and clip service, got those parts from Mikes XS. Almost done with the project. I think the part Gary’s providing will be the last part needed to complete. Thanks Gary!

l’ve been rebuilding this 81 XS 650 for a friend who has some very serious health problems.
Awesome! Then it's providence that he gets this clutch basket. 👍

Back