Need head light help (Wiring)

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey .. as stated b4 Ive been spending my time trying to get this wring layed out for the bike ...

Ive come to a dead end in progress over the stupid headlight

My head light has has 3 wires for the main bulb and 2 wires to some stupid little secondary light ?? ( well get to that thing later anyway

blue wire is High Beam
white wire is low beam
green is ground

simple enough

what i dont get is how to get it attached to the OEM switch ?

There is One fat yellow wire
a green wire
OD green wire
black wire
brown wire
Pink wire -Horn
brown /white wire
yellow/red wire
blue/yellow wire
blue/green wire
yellow / black wire

now i know some of these are turns . and rear light ect

but could some one tell me what wire goes to the ones on the light this is really pissing me off :banghead::banghead::banghead::mad:

and what the hell is this stupid little light inside of my main light ? Running light of some sort? It only has 2 wires

pic at bottom

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 113
I cant help u on the stock switch but this is the basic set up for simplified lights. Find a power Wire and run it to a toggle switch that has three posts(I mount mine in the headlight can near the back). Wire the power to the middle, wire the low beam to one side and wire the little bulb(high beam indicator) and the high beam wire to the other side of the toggle. Flip one way (low )flip the other way (high). Just make sure you buy the right toggle switch

Oops just looked at the pic. Didnt realize the bulb u spoke of. Was thinking u had a light with a high beam ind. Dont mind me it's been a long day

The little bulb is actually a parking light. You can wire it to the taillight if you want or leave it out.

do you have a malti-meter,if so you can buz the (continuity test) on the switch theres alot of wiring digrams posted that can help, as for the small lamp it's a parking light but you don't need it

yeah I have one .. .. and ive got a ton of wiring diagrams .. but none of them seem to use the factory color codes

yeah .. I just took the switch apart .. seems the Fat yellow wire, green wire , blue/yellow, blue/green and yellow/black all go to the high low switch the rest go to the horn and turns .. which Ill also have to figure out ..but headlight first

yellow is hi beam and green is low, now are you keeping the "reserve light moduler"? all your missing is power in that has sevral places it can come from, what year is your bike?

81 ... so the fat yellow is high and the skinny green is low .. cool

not planning to keep the revers lighting thing ..

so i should wire the blue wire to the yellow wire and the white wire to the green wire and the ground is just a ground .. awesome ..

Coding seems odd on your headlight. Usually they are yellow green and black.Black being ground. Soooo! :umm: probably your blue and white headlight wires go to the yellow and green wires from the dim switch. Green to ground. Yellow/blue is the park light..ground the other one... yellow/green and brown/white go to the flasher relay. Pink and brown = horn. Your bars and switch must be grounded. Good luck! keep us posted.
It starts looking a bit like macrame at times... You'll get it...

Back