Need help making exhaust-mount bracket

maxpower3

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried searching, didn't find anything.

I recently bought this exhaust setup from Ardcore.
HalfPopped.jpg

The pipes look good, I'm just a little perplexed at the rear-bracket setup to attach the end of the pipes to the frame. You can see from the picture that there's a small bit of tubing coming from the frame, but I can't figure out what else is going on back there. Anyone have in pics of a similar setup to help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

To me it looks like you'd have it if you welded a strip of metal pointing forward onto the end of the tube. I see a clamp there that looks like it could be going around that strip. The clamp for the wrap is further down toward the end. That's what I see anyway.

Sounds about right to me. Although I don't really like holding exhaust with a hose clamp. On my pipes , I welded a tab to the pipe, a tab and rod to the back exhaust mount and bolted it together. You can see the rod for the backside just under the air filters. Kinda hard to see. That was the idea.:D

Attachments

• resized%20elec%20box.jpg
    resized%20elec%20box.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 223
If you were going to use the strip and clamp idea, you could cut the little strip out of a piece of large diameter pipe, so the curve in it would help keep the exhaust centered and help it resist sagging. As the clamp pulls it into that curve.

If you were going to use the strip and clamp idea, you could cut the little strip out of a piece of large diameter pipe, so the curve in it would help keep the exhaust centered and help it resist sagging.

Yup, great idea.Neccessity is the mother of invention.

Here's what I'm thinking. A piece of tubing welded to the rear of the frames. A piece of flat bar welded to that tube, with about 2 inches sticking out towards the front wheel. a common hose clamp onto that bar and around the exhaust. Any better ideas?

Attachments

• exhaust bracket 2.JPG
    exhaust bracket 2.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 141
I also like the idea of using an arc'd bar in place of the flat bar to hug the exhaust.

You could weld a horseshoe onto the pipe to lay the exhaust in. I remember a guy who had a horseshoe on his bike doing something...I forget what.

to bad they are not stacked.... you can connect them to each other and no frame tabs.

sorry about the saw dust/dirt .. i haven't washed i mean... scotch padded lately

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg