Need help rejetting a fj600

Samuraiace

Workin from the shed
Reaction score
Well I know she's not an XS but I figured the guys here would be able to help.
It's a 1985 fj600 that has pod filters and new jets, problem is that the PO screwed up with the jetting. It has the stock 32mm mikunis with 160 pilots and the mains were weird they had put in 105's on two of the carbs and 102.5's on the others and there are no rubber pilot jet passage plugs. I'm trying to figure out what jets to get so she'll run again.
Thanks

If you want it to run decent, ditch the pods. If you check any of the 4 cylinder bike forums, you'll find that most don't recommend pods with CV carbs and many refuse to answer jetting questions pertaining to such a set-up. Pods just don't work on CV equipped fours.

I never heard of pilots as big as 160. Stock for that bike is a 35 and that's where I'd start. Both 105 and 102.5 mains are listed on the parts diagram. I don't know if one size is an option or if they use both. Some fours do jet 2 of their carbs slightly different than the other 2. The pilot jet rubber plugs are not shown in the diagram so I'm guessing they weren't used in those carbs.

Well I know she's not an XS but I figured the guys here would be able to help.
It's a 1985 fj600 that has pod filters and new jets, problem is that the PO screwed up with the jetting. It has the stock 32mm mikunis with 160 pilots and the mains were weird they had put in 105's on two of the carbs and 102.5's on the others and there are no rubber pilot jet passage plugs. I'm trying to figure out what jets to get so she'll run again.
Thanks

Thats the stock jetting.. The inner two carbs ran the bigger jets (105) as the middle cylinders ran hotter than the outer two. I would just replace the air box and it should behave normally unless he messed with the fuel/air mixture screws.

Cheers.

Back