need some info on ignition, battery, ect.

Chris_AWV_93

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just thinking ahead on the next phase of my build, the electrical stuff. So Im planning on running a PMA, Pamco ignition (not sure which kit i need) and a battery. Keep in mind the only electrical components i want are a headlight and tail light. Its going to be kick only, but i want to have a key switch so its some what theft proof. Im assuming i need ignition coils? Or are those for electric start? This is my first build so please forgive me if im asking dumb questions lol. Im trying to keep it minimal with wires, they are ugly. thanks!

hey guys, just thinking ahead on the next phase of my build, the electrical stuff. So Im planning on running a PMA, Pamco ignition (not sure which kit i need) and a battery. Keep in mind the only electrical components i want are a headlight and tail light. Its going to be kick only, but i want to have a key switch so its some what theft proof. Im assuming i need ignition coils? Or are those for electric start? This is my first build so please forgive me if im asking dumb questions lol. Im trying to keep it minimal with wires, they are ugly. thanks!

Yes, you need ignition coils. Well actually with a Pamco, it only uses one ignition coil to fire both spark plugs. Does the stock alternator/charging system work? If so, there's no need to buy a PMA. If you want to use the stock alternator, we can recommend modern replacements for the stock rectifier and regulator.

Back