need some quieter muffflers

cpt137

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put some shorty mufflers on my bobber running off the stock exhaust head pipes and just way to loud. any recomendations?

Tack weld a washer with a smaller diameter hole than the muffler has now(if your runnning open pipes) an inch or so inside the tip and it will quiet it down real nice. How quiet you want it is dependent on the diameter of the hole in the washer.

I put some shorty mufflers on my bobber running off the stock exhaust head pipes and just way to loud. any recomendations?

Are they these?

31qakpZmAcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm interested in knowing what those sound like. Do you have a video you can share?

Thats what they are. they are straight with a perforated inside with fiberglass wrapped around it, really doesn't quiet it to much.

Thats what they are. they are straight with a perforated inside with fiberglass wrapped around it, really doesn't quiet it to much.

Friend of mine has his busted CB450 in my garage right now; he coincidentally came over with a set of the same muffs the other night. Once he gets his ignition sorted we will see what they sound like.

Back