Need some wiring help.

johnpagn

Working on it every day
Reaction score
My 79 is comming along slowly now that I have some money comming in but little time to work on it.
I have the motor in it . Pm charging system installed. I'm trying to get the pamco wired in so I can start it for the first time. I know this is not ideal but thats what i'v
got.
I'v got no wiring harnes at all so i'v read that I should use a 7.5 amp fuze for the pamco. Is that for the pamco only or the pamco and coil?or dose the coil need a different fuze/ no fuze?
I'v also read that I need a relay for the pamco. How dose this get wired in?
I'v been trying to look this stuff up but havent found these answers so any help would be apreciated

Posted via Mobile

yamahaxs650.com is the official installation instruction site for the PAMCO

I would hook the Pamco to it's own battery seperate from the bikes charging system. Have a battery setting beside the bike. Hook a wire from battery negitive to the frame, run a wire from the battery positive to a fuse, then to a switch, then to the Pamco and coil. This will run the bike till you have the PM charging system working right. If the PM reg/rec is not doing it's job then the voltage can go to high, like 20 volts. This will cook the Pamco.
Once you are sure the PMA is right then un hook the battery and hook the Pamco to the bikes electrics.
Leo

Back