need someadvice on pamco upgrade

Vinnymarc

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I wanted to upgrade the points system on my 73 XS650 and I'm not quite sure on what kit to order from mikes XS. There seems to be a dozen different kits and I'm a little confused on what kit to order. I don't want to order the wrong one. Any idea on the kit that I need to order, IE part number??

Your '73 already has an advance rod and an advance unit so you don't need a kit with them - unless yours are trashed and you're looking to replace them. Next decision would be do you want to supply your own aftermarket coil or get one with a kit. Last decision is whether you want to stay with the old mechanical advance unit or upgrade to the new E-advance. Make these decisions and then you can pick a kit to suit them.

Vinnymarc,

Poor form to start two or more threads on the same subject. I posted this in your other thread:

Vinnymarc,

Here is a table that shows all of the PAMCO kits available from MikesXS. The pricing is not up to date, but you can get an idea of the relative costs. You already have the advance rod, advancer and bushings. You can use the mechanical advancer that you have if it is serviceable, otherwise choose the E-Advancer. Most of these kits are also available in Canada from www.xs650direct.com .

mikesxs kits.jpg

Back