Sold / Found / Inactive - Needful things for needy bikes: $75 shipped CONUS

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got tired of undersized thin paper things that look kinda like intake gaskets, so I got the cure and am passing it on: the Allpax kit cuts clean, precise round holes in gasket material, 2 cheap punches are included for small fastener holes, and there's a 14"x19" sheet of .060" thick (that's right, a full 1-1/2 mm.) genuine intake gasket material. The full unopened pack of Helix high density fiberglass muffler packing has enough in it for two or three wraps and rewraps of a pair of baffles--not that you'll need to do that much, the stuff is durable. There's a #4 starter gear with at least 80% of its service life remaining and clip tension at 5 lb. pull, a new Tsubaki "peanut" cam chain for 447 motors with rivet master link included, a digital micrometer on which the digits display randomly but the analogue numbers on the shank work fine. Not shown is a roll of common gasket paper. IMG_0952.JPGIMG_0953.JPG

Last edited:
Same rules as before, Friends. No reductions will be made, no trades or alternate offers accepted, payment by mailed check only, ad comes down in 10 days if not sold.

You're going to need that cam chain and #4 gear sooner or later if you use your XS650 for much more than a place to hang a helmet, and with shipping covered the buyer would be paying value for those two items alone, with the very pricey Allpax cutter, defective (and maybe, with some of the mad skills out there, fixable) micrometer, expensive, top-quality Helix muff stuffer, and the finest composite intake gasket material I've ever used as throw ins. Don't need that high end muff packing? Sell it to somebody who's having grief because the fiberglass insulation he tries to wrap his cores with keeps blowing out. Recover cost and earn rep and gratitude. I should have priced in those intangibles!

Folks, I don't mean to be rude, but there appears to be a, um. a disconnect somewhere in perception of value. That Allpax kit may not look like much in a photo, but the cutting board, cutter, blades, pins, and steel storage box ran close to a C-note shipped, a few years back. The peanut plate cam chain was a gift from MMM at 650 Central, and it's passed along as such to whoever shows enough sense and foresight to grab the package; it's both lighter and stronger than the OE chain. With the cutter and high end intake gasket material, a buyer could get a little business activity going--NOS Yamaha intake gaskets have just about disappeared, and I don't even like the ones that Vesrah sells.

Back