Needle Jet diameter?

hand8272

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I need some help. I'm cleaning my Mikuni BS34 and damaged my needle jets getting them out. Ordered new ones from Mikes (#48-0660) but they are too big, measure .339". My old needle jet measures .338".
Spot where they go is very clean. The bike is a 81' US model XS650 Special.
Mikes has a Canadian model needle jet but sounds like they measure .330".

Anyone run into this issue? Am I missing something? Thanks
IMG_2431[1].JPG IMG_2430[1].JPG

Niche Cycle Supply offers an aftermarket NJ for the BS34--enter "Mikuni BS34" in their search window. I have no experience with that part, but Niche has a message bar for questions, so you might ask about dimensions. You might place a want ad in the Classified section here, and you might get lucky and find NOS Mikuni brass on ebay.

Niche Cycle Supply offers an aftermarket NJ for the BS34--enter "Mikuni BS34" in their search window. I have no experience with that part, but Niche has a message bar for questions, so you might ask about dimensions. You might place a want ad in the Classified section here, and you might get lucky and find NOS Mikuni brass on ebay.

Thanks for the suggestions. I contacted Niche Cycle a week ago but no response. I may have to just purchase one from them and see what happens. Thanks

Back