NETFLIX -- bike show

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I stumbled on a new motorcycle related series on Netflix this week. --The Motorbike Show-- Filmed in England 2011, it's not devoted to a single type or style of motorcycles, but rather the motorcycling life-style. They tour interesting areas and a multitude of bike styles. They usually pick out an interesting vintage bike to restore as well. I am only half way through the season but am hooked. British, American, Japanese, race bikes, side cars, trials & dirt bikes.... it covers them all. I highly recommend looking it up if you have Netflix.

Last edited:
funny that you posted this. I just started watching as well. Interesting so far. The host looks so much like Charley Boorman... might just be the hair.

He does resemble Charlie. I saw him on the Long Way Round series with Ewan McGregor. Another good bike adventure series.

I tried to watch it, but the when they all hopped on the double-decker and started doing stupid shit aimed at 3 year olds I lost interest.

Here's a hint: If you don't have enough material related to the actual theme of the show, don't film it.

But I'm well known as a crabby old fart...

Yeah - can't say that I disagree but at least they keep the fake arguing down to a dull roar. That is what used to drive me nuts about Orange County Choppers.
As long as they stuck to the metal bashing and bike stuff, it was good accompaniment to BEvERages but when the old man started getting all pissy with the nitwit son - I changed channels.

Having said that, I do like the segments on restoration - that guy Pete <surprise> has real talent.

Pete (no relation....) ;)

I like that they show such a variety of bikes, and not a single Harley. Don't get me wrong I like my Harley but it's nice to see more variety. Didn't care at all for his street fighter though. There was Even a little segment with some side hacks but didn't go into too much details.

Two nights ago, I started watching the Mcgregor/Boorman Brit TV series mentioned above; rented it on DVD from my local library. Very entertaining. They are in mid-Russia at the moment.

Don't have Netflix, yet.

That's a good one too. Definitely a major undertaking making a journey like theirs. They did a follow up to that called "Long Way Down" which is the same principle but journeying down through Africa i believe. I kind of lost interest in that one though. Not to say it wasn't good, but seemed to be a lot of the same content.

Yeah - can't say that I disagree but at least they keep the fake arguing down to a dull roar. That is what used to drive me nuts about Orange County Choppers.
As long as they stuck to the metal bashing and bike stuff, it was good accompaniment to BEvERages but when the old man started getting all pissy with the nitwit son - I changed channels.

Having said that, I do like the segments on restoration - that guy Pete <surprise> has real talent.

Pete (no relation....) ;)

It's funny you mention that, I'd watch when they did a build , then parts and frames would roll in. I was like they are not building.... they are assembling. It drove me nuts, I thought I could do that, I fact I could actually design and build. That is when I got the idea to actually do it out of contempt for the show. Actually have no interest in street bikes but I wanted to criticize the show and when people would say" I'd lie, to see you do it" I have a response.

That show digresses very fast.

There is another good build show called "wrench against the machine" not sure about Netflix, I found it on demand cable with xfinity. 3 days and $3000 to build.

You're not missing that much Mick.

How is the recovery from the cyclone going?

Pete

Lots of talk about the scope of works, they submit, I adjust, they inspect and then we repeat the process. Getting to the end though, had a moisture content done on the internal gyproc walls which showed over 22 % moisture in some of them! So they need to be taken out, replaced, filled , painted. We are looking to vacate when the work starts as all the polyurethane coating on the floors needs to be done as well (two weeks). Will find somewhere nice to go I assure you Pete.....
:hijack:

Back