New Carbs!! Yeah

garyr

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend if you change your pipes you change the carbs. I just installed a pair of Mikuni VM34's and what difference..

What is trulyey amazing is I bought a full kit from 650 Central. You tell Mike what exhaust you have and what kind of filters you want. He jets the carbs to match your pipes, sends you the filters, carb holders and cable...plug and play.

I can't tell you how happy I am. The carbs were in perfect sync and the idle was set perfectly...just bolted on. I rode 200 miles today way to go Mike Morse!!!

XSCarbs.jpg

I'm quite envious.

I took a plunge for a PMA over VM34's when I was budgeting my build, figured working with the BS38's would be most cost effective and easy to tune.

THAT was a mistake....

I've been messing around with the stock carbs on the 79 and 81 I have and you can get them to work much better but not great.

Any aftermarket carb you install will work better then stock. I just don't have that much time. For me just to bolt on something and it work absolutely perfectly is a HUGE plus.

I'm sharing the experience so it might take the frustration out for others.

A suggestion: sell your old carbs on eBay and move on with a new set from 650 central.

Back