new guy from chicago

That 180 is the worse machine I have ever used on 110. My buddy brought it to my house and we put the 220 to it and WOW what a difference. You can pretty much forget about doing aluminum with 110 also. I'm lucky enough to never have to deal with the landlord but if I did I would just put it in without asking!:shrug: if you are looking for someone to do it my buddy lives on the southside and he's a union electricians in chicago. He's laidoff like everyone is and he will do it for a good price!

I'm actually really glad you posted that about the 180 sucking cock on 110V- I was thinking of spending more to get that option. Were you only working on aluminum @ 110 or was that for steel, too? My buddy has a MIG that works pretty well on 110 for steel, but I've never seen a 110 TIG in action.

We were working with steel. Aluminum is a complete joke on the 110 sounds like the machine is gonna roll over and die. I really wish I woulda tried the 110 at my house and seen if it was just his service But when I have 220 I didn't feel the need to. I think 3 days later he had 220 ran in his house because of that problem! I really don't see how it would not work on 110 with thin gauged metal.... there is no way miller would sell a product like that. But if you plan on doing a hardtail with it I would wait for the 220. I just posted my bikes so if they sell I will be getting the diversion 180 the next day. Your more than welcome to come down and try it out. I will also test it on 110 at my place.

Posted via Mobile

long time did not check this forum. but now I have decent xs650 from 1980. still riding original cannot decide to hardtail it or brat? pics under

Attachments

• xs650left.jpg
    xs650left.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 98
  • xs650right.jpg
    xs650right.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 105
Back