New guy saying hi.

slapthefunkyfour

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
HI!

I recently decided to build a bobber based on the xs650 so I figured I better find a forum somewhere to learn more about this bike.

I've owned a bunch of bikes in the past, and now I'm ready for a nice homebuilt custom job.

I have to ask, does anyone here use SolidWorks or some other type of 3D modelling computer program to help with their designs? I plan on designing the entire bike on solidworks and I was wondering if anyone would like to share their cad files.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning alot here.

I'm not doing anything for my bike, but I drew up some forward controls, they're posted here somewhere (I'm on my phone so looking up the post is difficult...)

Modeling the whole bike would be interesting, but getting accurate measurements off the various parts would be difficult. Do you have access to a cmm or something?

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "cmm". I've been searching for blueprints and drawings of any kind for this motor, and I'm having a hard time. Hopefully soon I'll find an old motor that I can start modelling from and taking real life measurements.

My real job is to design parts on Solidworks, so a motorcycle should be a piece of cake for me. I don't have any parts yet, so I have no reference of where to start designing.

edit: I found your drawings. Looks good, I might have to borrow them someday......

Same here, (amongst many other things), probably not as good.

Cmm: coordinate measuring machine, makes measuring complex and difficult parts easy, if you know what you're doing... wish we had one here, would save a lot of guess work when working from actual parts...

Posted via Mobile

would something like this be of use?
xsengine.jpg

Back