new guy

trainwreck

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I'm new here I decided to join because I've been lurking around for a while and this place has been a huge help! I'd like to thank all of you who have unknowingly help me get my project together.
Just a little bit about it it's a 1981. I did the brat kit on the frame. And most resently, the ignition and charging system. A problem I am currently having is when the bike is at an idle, the rpm jump way up on its own. I couldn't find me answer in the tech section.anyone have some advice?
thanks!

First welcome to the site. We'd love to see some pictures and you'll need to provide some more details on your bikes setup. What ignition are you running?

Have you gone through the carb. Guide?
Valve adjustment?
cam chain?

Thanks for the welcome.
I recently put in a huges charging system. And a pamco ignition.
Stock coil....uummm mikuni carbs, wich I cleaned, but haven't done valves, or tge other stuff u mentioned. Other guys in our club are a lot better with motor stuff but I am learning.I mostly cut and weld. Its still magic to me how or why the internal combustion engine even works! LoL!

AIR, FUEL, FIRE that's all you need.

Get the bike timed, set the valves and chain tension then post back. Carb work is exhausting but once you get it the bike will become even more "yours".

Back