New head for my brush!

sibophilip

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
After looking at some of the builds on this site, I feel like I'm totally out of my depth! Just started building a tracker, always liked the tracker style so picked up an XS to build one. Rode it around in the summer, broke down on every outing bar one so come the bad weather I've taken it to bits! New to all this bike fabrication business, so any advice welcome!

What's the best way to attach the seat to the base???:umm:

Attachments

• phils street tracker 097.jpg
    phils street tracker 097.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 131
  • phils street tracker 098.jpg
    phils street tracker 098.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 163
  • phils street tracker 099.jpg
    phils street tracker 099.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 160
  • phils street tracker 102.jpg
    phils street tracker 102.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 160
On my cafe I welded bolts to a small section of light channel, which was then riveted to the top of the seat base. The bolts poke through the base and through a plate on the frame. Course it's easy for me to say this now you've got your seat cover on:wink2:

I used that gray heavy duty Velcro, put five strips on it. I have to yank hard on it to get it to come off. Be sure to clean the seat base good with adhesive remover, lacquer thinner, etc first or the adhesive won't work. FWIW, I also taped a plastic bag to the underside of the seat to hold my registration and insurance card.

Is that frame nickel plated? Sweet!

I used that gray heavy duty Velcro, put five strips on it. I have to yank hard on it to get it to come off. Be sure to clean the seat base good with adhesive remover, lacquer thinner, etc first or the adhesive won't work. FWIW, I also taped a plastic bag to the underside of the seat to hold my registration and insurance card.
gle
Is that frame nickel plated? Sweet!

Thanks for this, never thought of velcro but will give it a try. The frame has just been cleaned up after removing all un-wanted lugs/brackets ect. After cutting and grinding,found these "pan scrubber" style discs for my angle grinder,which bring up metalwork fantastic, hense nickel looking frame! Going to powdercoat frame black after pre-build up ect. Used the same discs to clean up alloy stuff,fork legs,top yoke ect, saved hours on polishing because they removed all the bad casting/ scratch marks easily:thumbsup:

Back