New Member - 1979 XS650 - Indiana

mrfreeze574

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just thought I would officially give my intro. I have actually owned my XS for about 4 years, but have not had time/money to spend time on it (got married, moved, etc..)

Alright here is my intro. I live in Indiana and have a 1979 XS650 Special. I am working on retoration project and have done little bits for the last 4 years. I am now going full throttle on it. I have started to strip down the complete bike and determine what needs to be fixed and replaced.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone and hope to contribute as well. I am a very through person and am good at documentation. Hopefully I can use some of those skills to help others.

I am always welcome to suggestions.

Great intro, welcome aboard. We will let you stay if you promise to post pictures.
ttwp.gif

mrfreeze574;

Welcome to the forum. 79 Special will be a good bike, but you will have to check many areas to bring it back from many years of neglect.

Click on "Tech" at top of page. Go down to "Maintenance and General Troubleshooting". Read through................lots of good info.

:agree:

Alright here is the crappy photo from my cell. I do not have a photo of the bike completely together.. :banghead:

Don't judge my blackberry's camera. haha.

Attachments

• tore apart.jpg
    tore apart.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 90
Back