New UK member....sort of

TellyTubby

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents. I was a member under a different email but lost the details some time back. I never introduced myself under my old ID, so I am here to bare my soul and say hello.

I bought my first XS650, a 77D in 1980 and we put off our wedding for around 6 months to buy it. My wife got her 77D 3 years later and we still have both. We've had a couple that we have sold on, but we've grown out of that nonsense now.

We have a 3rd 80E that had sat outside in someone's garden for 18 years, I took pity on it and built it into a caff racer, but it can easily be returned to standard as I don't like to chop up old bikes.

We hope to ride our 650s around lots of Alps passes next year as this is somewhere I've always wanted to take them. I've done it a number of times on an XS1100, GL1000 and Z1 but didn't fancy taking the Indian Chief around those hairpins.

I hope that you don't think that I am being indulgent but I have posted a few random images of our 3 current XS650s plus one that I sold many moons ago (that's the 3 together).

Attachments

• Budleigh Salterton holday xs650s.jpg
    Budleigh Salterton holday xs650s.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Cafe rafer.jpg
    Cafe rafer.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Lyn Shad Thames.jpg
    Lyn Shad Thames.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Lyn XS650.jpg
    Lyn XS650.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Outfit.jpg
    Outfit.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Paul XS650 1980 or 81.jpg
    Paul XS650 1980 or 81.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Paul XS650.jpg
    Paul XS650.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Wedding.jpg
    Wedding.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 68
Hi Ladies and Gents. I was a member under a different email but lost the details some time back. I never introduced myself under my old ID, so I am here to bare my soul and say hello.

I bought my first XS650, a 77D in 1980 and we put off our wedding for around 6 months to buy it. My wife got her 77D 3 years later and we still have both. We've had a couple that we have sold on, but we've grown out of that nonsense now.

We have a 3rd 80E that had sat outside in someone's garden for 18 years, I took pity on it and built it into a caff racer, but it can easily be returned to standard as I don't like to chop up old bikes.

We hope to ride our 650s around lots of Alps passes next year as this is somewhere I've always wanted to take them. I've done it a number of times on an XS1100, GL1000 and Z1 but didn't fancy taking the Indian Chief around those hairpins.

I hope that you don't think that I am being indulgent but I have posted a few random images of our 3 current XS650s plus one that I sold many moons ago (that's the 3 together).
Good to have you aboard.
Great photos too (we love photos).
Looking forward to your further adventures being posted.

I never introduced myself under my old ID, so I am here to bare my soul and say hello.
That was a great introduction.

1691256752436.png

I just love those! I just did an errand on mine. I turned my 7 mile return into 35 miles, even in the 95F heat. Love it, love it.

Are those pipes quiet enough to pass the neighbor test? I like that look...
They weren't too noisy. You can still obtain the same style.
I used to have straight through slash cuts from Drag Specialties, they were noisy.
I have original silencers on the bike now and a stainless reproduction set from Germany awaits fitting to my wife's bike.

Back