New member from Kentucky

brandonxs

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Brandon. im from Berea,Ky. im 23. ive grown up around and on motorcycles and have a true passion for anything with a engine. here is a pic of my current bike. its a 74 xs650. little has been left stock on it. there is more pics in my album. i will add more when the weather clears up.

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 111
Big howdy, hillbilly brotha. I go though Berea all the time. The coffee house on the square next to Boone Tavern is one of my resting places when I'm headed down that way. Very nice bike - one of the best ones I've seen here.

Hello, from Nicholasville. At one time (in the 80's) xs650's were very popular here in central KY. Not so much anymore, time passes on. This board is a wealth of information.

At one time (in the 80's) xs650's were very popular here in central KY. Not so much anymore, time passes on.

I know of four others besides our three. Two are racers and are kept at a garage you probably know of, another one is a mid-70s and I think belongs to a student who works at a pizza place, and the fourth is an 80s that I notice here and there.

There was a beautiful 75, on Craigslist, in West Liberty. They were asking $1700. Out of my price range but looked like it was worth it.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/2289846562.html

I've had 5 or 6 xs650's over the years, most in the 1970's and 80's. I sold the last one 14 years ago and really hadn't thought much about them until this spring when a neighbor offered me his 83 Heritage. Needless to say I'm back in the 650 business again.

Here in Nicholasville there is a xs650 Special unused, stored in a garage. I've seen it a few times over the past 15 years. I talked to the owner once years ago. He works out of state, and only occasionally is back in Nicholasville.

Last edited:
Back