New member Los Angeles, Just bought my first XS650

Mr_Dunev

The New Guy
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just picked up an XS650, the other day on a roadtrip with my buddy. We picked up a couple other bikes too, but the TX650 was my favorite! Engine ran really strong, but she still needs a quite a bit of work.

I have been looking for one for MONTHS, but had a hard time finding one at an affordable price. I almost bought another one this weekend, but the guy wanted the same amount of money, that I paid for this one, but without a title, didn't run, and had HEAVY rust everywhere!!! I had to decline and walk away.

Here she is after I loaded her in my truck yesterday. She is a '73, Last odometer reading was 2700 miles according to the Title, but the guy says it broke a couple years ago while riding it around the military base.

IMG_2014_zps8245827a.jpg

Nice bike. Good year bike to restore. Original paint scheme was supper nice in 73. New seat Commando exhaust and a few missing pieces. The usual maintenance and you will be cool man riding. :D

It will be my first real project. I do a bit of buying and selling vintage motorcycles, but I either sell as-is, or get someone to fix them for me.

I decided it's about time I learn to do some of my own work, since I plan on keeping this bike.

Welcome to the club! These bikes are great to learn cycle mechanics on. The best tool in your new tool box is the factory service manual. bike.net has it online but havine the hardcopy in your hand is invaluable.

Welcome to the club! These bikes are great to learn cycle mechanics on. The best tool in your new tool box is the factory service manual. bike.net has it online but havine the hardcopy in your hand is invaluable.

It came with the Original manual:D

As soon as I get a little more space I'll post photos of my progress

Back