new moneymaker/toy/stablemate

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
have just picked up a 1996 zzr1100 that was to good to pass up (hope the xs650 dosent get the shits) 8900 kls but broken fairing and badly stored..before I start work on it has anybody had experience with them and is there anything in particular I should look out for as never owned anything like it (that modern) and yes we started it and already ordered a manuel and looked over the forums(not as good as this one) I know its not xs but some good knowledge on this site

Hi Flea,
dunno about a moneymaker, good luck with that.
Nor do I see how ordering a Mexican will help either.

i feel ya on the "no better site than this one".
Most of the old timers here(sorry, guys) worked at dealerships thru the 70's and 80's and saw a lot of different bikes.
I picked up a 72 xl 250 Honda, and this is the best place to find info for it. Couldn't find anything good for it elswere.
Good luck with that 1100 monster!

Hi Flea,
dunno about a moneymaker, good luck with that.
Nor do I see how ordering a Mexican will help either.
lol here in qld we call anyone south of the border a Mexican..as far as money maker trying to decide clean it up and flip it (was cheap enough) clean it up,new fairing from china and flip it/as before and put it on the road and have a play or maybe most radical there is a drag strip they have been building not far from here which their hoping to finish early next year....mmmmm.i still have that klicktronic gear changer lying around only trouble to old and banged up to drag ..but???
still hoping for some advice from anyone with experience with zzr1100 as to any oddball things to look out for as angus said a lot of ex bike shop/dealership owners here as well as surprisingly a lot of aircraft mechinics/engineers which says a lot for our old xs650s who seem to still have a modern bike in among their stables

Back