New to the forum

Mark Bird

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Im new to the forum, just checked in to get a view on what people are doing with their xs's...Im looking at building from scratch a bobber using a handbuilt frame kit and using the xs engine and running gear.

I have a few specific likes....wire wheels....hardtail frame ...drum brakes?.. i guess most of the kit depends very much on personal choice/what becomes available..im expecting to pay a fair sized wedge before the bobber is finnished even though, most of the work i shall be carrying out in my workshop which is fairly well equipped by most standards.

Having worked for a number of years on a vast range of motorcycles in a friends workshop in time off from regular work as an engineering technician , most of the build tasks i hope will be fairly straight forward once i have decided what im looking for as a result.

I shall,no doubt, be on here asking questions and opinions on what i need to be looking for to acheive the results im aiming for....i guess most guys will have already done a great deal of what im contemplating in the near future...

Any advice would be most welcome......:bike:

regards Mark B

Welcome. And yes, we love pictures of progress.
My advice would be to really pour over all the info in the "Tech" section. It really helps, especially the carb section and carb guide http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf
The "search" option is another important tool. Kinda helps to do some research before having to start another thread about something already answered...a dozen times.
Good luck and keep us posted!!

Back