new years day ride!

Irish_prick

master of the cut'n wheel
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but the guys here in town do a ride new years day. This year everyone is drop'n like flies. But there will be a ride if I'm the only one on It. Does anyone else do this crazy wreckless adventure every year or is it just an ada, Ohio thing?

Posted via Mobile

I'm in Marietta OH....not sure what you got up there, but apparently, it's HUGE balls with a heated seat! I'm THANKFUL my ride is in pieces and I don't have it as an option.

I normally do a New Years ride but this year I'll have to make do with my Christmas Day ride as it has snowed pretty much every other day in the GTA since then.

I'm in Marietta OH....not sure what you got up there, but apparently, it's HUGE balls with a heated seat! I'm THANKFUL my ride is in pieces and I don't have it as an option.

I got a good size pair...lol a steel seat and a off-road tire on the front of my bobber.

Posted via Mobile

So I have a partern in crime for tomorrow. My dude dlo is back in. And he's the only one but the local sons of airhockey guys and Im not go'n to there place they don't have pbr. I will have a pic or 2 of this bad idea...lol

Posted via Mobile

I just got back from a 40 mile ride, I did not see one other bike out! Might of been because its 16 degrees out, It snowed last night or because everyones hung over ( I worked last night and was up at 6:30) .

Couldnt find anyone that wanted to play so I stopped by a couple friends houses and did a couple donuts in their yards and made my way back home.

100_0483.jpg

Well the place we rode to that told me they would be open It was closed so we only got 30miles in. It was 25 here. Wasn't a bad ride. And the only pic was shot by dlo's wife after we got back

Posted via Mobile

Well Irish It was so nice here today 80f I took what I call the loop. I cross the river then 14 miles to Ft Myers beach then 14 or 15 miles down to Bonita beach. up to Estero river then back 30 miles home.Stopping and seeing the sites It takes 2 and a 1/2 hours or so
I shot this pic at the beach this guy came swimming by.
full

I miss Florida wish I would have stayed but ohIo 20's and clear roads will do. Last year it was rain/snow and 35 now that shit sucked!

Posted via Mobile

South Bend, IN...... the temps were ok, but our roads still have too much ice and snow pack to attempt a ride today... I will ride sometime in January... my goal is to ride (at least 5 miles) every month.. December 1st I put 50 miles on my 81 Heritage Special... then I forgot to hook nup the Battery Tender... so it wasn't ready to ride today.

You guys made me sad that I wasn't riding a XS today, so I rolled my turbo bike outta the shed where I haven't touched it in 3 months or so, cranked it over and it fired almost right away! Looks like that cold start tune I worked on last time is much improved! Took it for a short spin, felt great to be back on it. Believe it or not, my turbo bike is much smoother on the low end than my Buell!

We stayed on main roads the back roads fucked but on the way back my hand got so cold I start ride'n with no hands till I said fuck it and twisted it back dlo said he was run'n 80mph to keep up. 80mph + 25f = very f*ck'n cold

Posted via Mobile

^"local Sons of Air Hockey" :)))))

The hands are the issue. Need fuzzy lined leather mittens, not gloves, and wool U.S. Army glove liners to battle sweat moisture. Sometimes two liners.

fuzzy inside mittens: http://www.brahmagloves.com/

After that's taken care of you'll notice cold air is blowing up your sleeves. I took care of that by using a Coleman rain jacket with a rubber lining as a top layer, tightened down over the mittens. Usually not necessary, except on long rides. Knitted leather jacket cuffs are beneficial there, but I don't have those.

^"local Sons of Air Hockey" :)))))

The hands are the issue. Need fuzzy lined leather mittens, not gloves, and wool U.S. Army glove liners to battle sweat moisture. Sometimes two liners.

fuzzy inside mittens: http://www.brahmagloves.com/

After that's taken care of you'll notice cold air is blowing up your sleeves. I took care of that by using a Coleman rain jacket with a rubber lining as a top layer, tightened down over the mittens. Usually not necessary, except on long rides. Knitted leather jacket cuffs are beneficial there, but I don't have those.

My gloves are just old I've had them for a few years now. I just need a new pair b4 the next polor bear run...lol

Posted via Mobile

One of my other bikes is a Suzuki GSX1400 and the British branch of the owners club hold a regular run to Boxhill, a biker meeting place just south of London, on the first Sunday in January and if the weather is below 0 degrees centigrade this entitles you to become a member of the sub-zero group. The GSX1400 is a big heavy bike and it quite amazes me that some people have even done this run in the snow but even if it's not snowing there is always much talk of heated grips, gloves and even electrically heated underwear!
Personally I think some of the guys in the club are a bit nuts ;) :D

Back