Newb here

AussieXS

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would sat hello. Been lurking for a while but never joined. I have 1975 XS650B that my dad bought brand new. It is all original. 25,000 miles. And I will always keep it that way. Has factory rear rack with topcase and factory crash bar. Runs great and looks almost like it just came off the showroom floor. Has a few little cosmetic flaws i'm gonna fix. The bare AL on the wheels needs rebuffed. I need to find some direct bolt on pipes as the ones that are on it are dinged up. The originals rotted out around the bracket. Guy we got them from sent pics of flawless original pipes. Little upset about that deal. My dad cant ride anymore due to losing his leg from a infection. So I ride it alot now to keep it going. Great website with a bunch of good info. I have always used Mikes XS for parts. Here is a recent pic with my 2 year old on it. I have the same pic when I was 2 that my dad took. Keeping with the trend. Anyway just saying hello and will visit more often now that i joined.

Attachments

• xs_photo.php.jpg
    xs_photo.php.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 104
Hey AussieXS, hello and welcome to the forum, great place learn and share your knowledge about your XS650B, BTW, (Awesome bike, I have the 1983 XS650 Heritage Special.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 93
Welcome, Nice to see another Michigander here. I grew up in Troy, but now live near GR.

Good luck fining replacements for those pipes.

Any other local Mi guys with XS bikes? Would be cool to meet sometime when the weather gets better next year.Im not having any luck on finding OE pipes. And I hate to put aftermarket on it also. If I could find some direct fit aftermarkets that look and sound the same or better id do that. But im all about keeping this one as original as possible. Love cafe bikes but not into hacking a classic that has never been messed with. Im looking to just make it a better driver without hacking it up. Looking into ignition and electrical upgrades right now but not sure on what direction to go. Looks like I put this tread in the wrong place. My bad. Im a newb... Mods please move if needed.

Just thought I would sat hello. Been lurking for a while but never joined. I have 1975 XS650B that my dad bought brand new. It is all original. 25,000 miles. And I will always keep it that way. Has factory rear rack with topcase and factory crash bar. Runs great and looks almost like it just came off the showroom floor. Has a few little cosmetic flaws i'm gonna fix. The bare AL on the wheels needs rebuffed. I need to find some direct bolt on pipes as the ones that are on it are dinged up. The originals rotted out around the bracket. Guy we got them from sent pics of flawless original pipes. Little upset about that deal. My dad cant ride anymore due to losing his leg from a infection. So I ride it alot now to keep it going. Great website with a bunch of good info. I have always used Mikes XS for parts. Here is a recent pic with my 2 year old on it. I have the same pic when I was 2 that my dad took. Keeping with the trend. Anyway just saying hello and will visit more often now that i joined.

Nice looking bike! That is very cool about the pics of you and your son. :)

Any other local Mi guys with XS bikes? Would be cool to meet sometime when the weather gets better next year.

Well, There's one bike show I never miss, The Vintage Bike show at the Gilmore Car Museum (http://gilmorecarmuseum.org/). I've shown the last two years. One of these years I'll make it to All Clubs day in Stockbridge.

Occasionally I meet up with these guys http://www.vintagericeburners.com/. The guy who runs the group has a cool 79 special street tracker.

Back