newb with a sound question

emptywallet79

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im new too the twin world as I got my first bike the other day. Its a stock bike and runs pretty well, but there's a noise that concerns me. As the bike runs, it sounds like there is piston slap inside. I let the engine get warm and did a compression test and received 145 psi out of both cylinders, which has me questioning what and where this noise is coming from. As I read im learning more, but this is my first bike, and im still figuring stuff out.

:woowoo:

It could need a valve or cam chain adjustment. Keep reading, you'll find info on that stuff.

For a rookie like yourself(and I), in the tech section there are you tube videos on this. I strongly suggest you watch them. Cam chain is first. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Ellicott City, I've been there. Stopped by to visit Tee Cat. Might want to let him know your around.
If you ask nice he may let you listen to his and he might listen to yours. This might help you decide if it's a normal sound or something more serious.
Leo

Welcome to the site. Lots of information here on your bike. Post some pictures if you get a chance. The 650 makes some noise normally. I would not worry too much about it. Make the suggested adjustments it probably quiet it some.

Back