Newbie from Bedfordshire UK

stuproj46

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been mooching around this sight for a while and thought its about time to introduce myself, My name is Stuart and live in Bedfordshire England.
A while ago a mate and I were watching a Supermoto demo through the Streets of Rugby, in amongst the four stroke Singles there was the sound of a booming VTwin, someone on a Harley Flatracker, we were impressed by the sight and sound of said Harley, and entered into a discussion on perhaps building something similar, our thoughts turned to the good old XS.
Nigel (the aforementioned mate) tracked down (ahem) and brought, a suitable doner XS, which was stripped and basically left in his lock up, no big problem as I was busy building a Suzuki Based Streetfighter.
Streetfighter completed and in need of a project I had thoughts of buying the XS and doing a Cafe racer, but on further discussion we are going to stick with plan A.
I have been aquiring a few bits and bobs to get things underway, and the motor is coming up to Bedfordshire at the weekend, so with your advice and encouragement , we will make a start:)

I'm only down the road in north London - keep us posted on your build : )

Welcome Stupro from Devon. Great site here with all the info you will need. If you go down the inevitable route of upgrades, the stuff our US brothers get from Mikes-XS is all available from Heiden Tuning in Holland. I am in the process of a rephase, PMA, oil cooler, fzr600r front and rear end, street tracker -type build myself so willing to share my experiences if any of that chimes with your plans. Good luck with the build.

Thanks for the welcome,my mate brought the engine up, and we have had a little result already, I whipped an ignition cover off and found that its been fitted with Boyer Bransdon Electronic Ignition :thumbsup:.
I am looking to change the swing arm for something a bit more modern, is there anything out there thats a reasonably easy fit?

Last edited:
Back