Newbie from Richmond,Va

kidmerc

livin in"XS"
Reaction score
:thumbsup:Hey all I am a new member from the Richmond,Va area. I own a 1981 xs650h that has been in my family 28 out of the last 30 years. It was my Father's bike before i got it from him 3 years ago. It is all original and showing it's age. Leaks oil from the crfank case gasket and is what a 44,000 mile 30 year old bike should be, but it runs solid and I ride it nearly everyday. I am excited to be a part of this forum as I will be tearing her apart this winter and making her into a bratstyle/bobber type bike. I really enjoy reading the info you all post here and feel confident that I can handle this task on my own without sending the motor out to be rebuilt etc... I will post pics soon and then post as I get to cutting and rebuilding. Thank you all for the inspiration!!!! :thumbsup:

I guess I should also have given you all my name. I am Stephen but my friends call me Mercury or Merc so feel free to as well. I am 38 and work as a fabricator for a granite/marble/corian countertop manufacturer. I also have around 10 yrs of body shop experience. Can't wait till i can buy all the necessary parts and tear into this bike. Pics will follow.

full

No problem Merc, welcome aboard and look forward to watching your progress.
Yeah, get yourself an account. It's pretty easy though I'm sure there are other ways to post pics. Sometimes if you delete the pic from photobucket it'll delete the pic from the post too....just gave it a try and it looks like Travis' site fixes 'em good!

Back