Newbie here...

Mediabug

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been reading posts on the forum for a while now and I thought I would finally introduce myself and new bike. I don't know much about these bikes or bikes in general but thought there is no better way to learn than through experience. I picked this bike up a few weeks ago just north of charlotte. PO thought at one time Pamco Pete used to own this bike. The bike is a 78 and I was able to get it running a few days after I picked it up.

My goal is to take the bike down to the frame and have it powder coated and build it back into a clean looking cafe style bike. My first question is related to the wiring. The wiring is a mess and has been spliced in several places. Is it best to just cut it out and and install a new harness on reassembly? I already bought one from Mikes. Any other tips, thoughts, or helpful threads to pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Stay tuned, I will try to keep this updated as time goes on.

Attachments

• Bike Rear.jpg
    Bike Rear.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Bike Side.jpg
    Bike Side.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 57
i startd a project as well. and electrical is a messss. im not ready for electrical but already startd lookin. ya can check this http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11329 see if it helps. what to take off and what not. dunno if helps. what i heard is if ya wanna have leds ya will have to change few things for sure. try look up ``the garage``. oh and speaking about the harness, was it like 90$, i saw one and decided that im going to stick with the stock one lol

Last edited:
yeah i got it off of mikes. i guess i will tackle the wiring on reassembly. i ended up removing all of the wiring, fortunately i was able to do it without cutting anything. i hope to get everything else removed over the next couple of days and send the frame off to get blasted and coated.

Back