Eschats

Get busy living or get out of my way
Reaction score
What is going on folks.My name is Eric.Well my intro into the xs world,came about buy buying a barn find chopper in my home town for 350$.I cleaned the fuel system , rebuilt the petcocks and carbs ,and bam,wind in my hair.So not being satisfied I ran across a deluve 2 into 1 header ,lowering shocks, alien tank etc.When I installed the header ,it needs bigger jets.Its a 1973 .Where might I get some? ....So recently a friend of mine,told me of a guy that wanted two bikes out of his garage.They where free ,so I was on top of it.I go to pick them up,and one is a 79 in # 2 condition and a 81 daily rider.BONUS.Its been a busy winter ❄️ I'm burning a lot of propane.Gonna need some technical support on chopper I:E wiring upgrade with Boyer and upgraded charging

Welcome to the forum.
When I installed the header ,it needs bigger jets.Its a 1973 .Where might I get some?
Niche Cycle Supply is where I get my jets.
We love pics here. :geek:

Thanks Jim..I will get some pics together.Tomorrow after the propane heater conquers the cold of my Cleveland garage ..I'll take a group photo .
IMG_20210110_162940298.jpg
IMG_20210101_154427083.jpg

Note the color of the header and please advise.
Hard to say based on a pic. Best thing you can do is look in the Tech section. Lots of carb info. Download the Carb Guide. It lists out the stock jetting and some recommendations on jetting for aftermarket stuff.

Single wall head pipes turn colors, normal. If they are glowing red, well that might be a bit much eh? Two throttle cables, so early carbs, likely the original 73s still need to narrow it down a bit. Nice thing about early carbs is you can loosen intake band so they can be twisted to make removing the float bowls, changing jets pretty simple.

Last edited:
Back