For Sale - NICE! COMPLETE! XS 650 Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMLUSA1

JMLUSA1
Reaction score
I found this bike today at a friends bike shop while looking for a Cafe' Racer Donor. I siad WOW, it's too nice to Chop up! It's SO Nice I Thought I'ld put it on here to give the "Purist" a chance at it. I have just these two pics so far but will update more very soon. It's located in the Dallas Tx area.
Looking to get a feel for what it's worth in our circles (650 Fanatics) =)
More pics soon....

PM me if you are interested in buying it.

Better pics coming soon guys... posting a pic of the speedo today.
Asking Price is $2,000.00 Neg.

Attachments

• XS 650 Special1.jpg
    XS 650 Special1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 308
  • XS 650 Special 2.jpg
    XS 650 Special 2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG959334.jpg
    IMG959334.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG952801.jpg
    IMG952801.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG959612.jpg
    IMG959612.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG950244.jpg
    IMG950244.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG954728.jpg
    IMG954728.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG956582.jpg
    IMG956582.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 176
  • XS650 Speedo Mileage veiw.jpg
    XS650 Speedo Mileage veiw.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I was Looking for the opinion of the forum members on what it might be worth. I have an idea, I'd like your thoughts.

post some decent size pics so we can see.

You want us to say its worth $2000 so you can sell it to us for $2000???????

Are you selling it or your buddy???????

And a for sale add has to have a price in it. Read the rules of advertising

If I saw a bike like that advertised locally by a private party (and they wanted to sell it) it would probably be priced between $1250 and $1600 with room to negotiate. A bike shop would be looking for another $500 on top of that.

If it was advertised on a classic bike site or magazine, where collectors and speculators congregate, the asking price would be higher. But the higher the price, the lower the mileage and the more "provenance" (original sales receipt, title, all manuals, etc.) would be necessary. Collectors and speculators are a different breed than most of us on this forum, so I have no idea what it would sell for to one of them.

XS1/2's and pristine Standard models are the more desirable (and valuable) of the XS650's. Maybe that's why we're so willing to bob, chop, cafe and otherwise violate the purity of Specials.

Bill

I'm looking at this on my PDA, so I can't tell what it is. It looks like an 81 Special with the wheels swapped or a Special II with the grab bar swapped. I won't speculate on the value, but it isn't pure.

Sorry for the size of the pics. I'll try to post some better ones.
post some decent size pics so we can see.

You want us to say its worth $2000 so you can sell it to us for $2000???????
I want to you to give your oppininon of it's worth... if you would like to.

Are you selling it or your buddy???????
I'm putting it out here for him cause Im a 650 Fan and owner and I thought you guys might like a crack at a NICE bike.

And a for sale add has to have a price in it. Read the rules of advertising
Sorry...it is for sale. Just didn't know what to ask for it. XS Fanatics would be likely to value and desire it more than your avaerage "lookie-loo".

EXCELLENT Post Bill! Thank you Sir!!! What you posted make s sence to me and is the kind of info I was hoping for when I posted this bike. I didn't know the XS1/2's are more sought after of the breed (but now I do) as well as the Standards, although, I have been told the person looking really was after a standard so now that makes sense.
I'll do some more research and find out more for ya'll with better pics soon. Thanks again,
Joel

If I saw a bike like that advertised locally by a private party (and they wanted to sell it) it would probably be priced between $1250 and $1600 with room to negotiate. A bike shop would be looking for another $500 on top of that.

If it was advertised on a classic bike site or magazine, where collectors and speculators congregate, the asking price would be higher. But the higher the price, the lower the mileage and the more "provenance" (original sales receipt, title, all manuals, etc.) would be necessary. Collectors and speculators are a different breed than most of us on this forum, so I have no idea what it would sell for to one of them.

XS1/2's and pristine Standard models are the more desirable (and valuable) of the XS650's. Maybe that's why we're so willing to bob, chop, cafe and otherwise violate the purity of Specials.

Bill

Good observation. I'll have to look into that and get back to you. If it is not pure I'll be asking less of course. Thanks for the post, this is the feedback I was looking for. Thanks,
Joel
I'm looking at this on my PDA, so I can't tell what it is. It looks like an 81 Special with the wheels swapped or a Special II with the grab bar swapped. I won't speculate on the value, but it isn't pure.

Sorry for the size of the pics. I'll try to post some better ones.

Sorry...it is for sale. Just didn't know what to ask for it. XS Fanatics would be likely to value and desire it more than your avaerage "lookie-loo".

The you should again read the rules.

For sale must include a price or it is Make an offer

:banghead::banghead:

Good observation. I'll have to look into that and get back to you. If it is not pure I'll be asking less of course. Thanks for the post, this is the feedback I was looking for. Thanks,
Joel

So how much does he want for it............. Sorry how much do you want for it..........Confused, first you say your mate is selling it now you are............ sounds like you are going to buy it off him cheap then ask what we say its worth.

Lazy opportunist.

Do the research your self and don't be lazy. All the info is here to tell you what year/model it is and if it is original.

Can't tell with the piddly arse photos you have displayed but my take is its a bitsa LOL

Gosh Guys, Sorry! I thought this would be pretty simple, I'm sorry Im buggin you if I am. But Yeah, these pics are tiny and can't zoom in so Yeah better pics! I got it. Yes I'm posting this for a friend who Owns a dealership. He got it in on a Trade in and contacted me first cause he knows my buddies and I build and race em. I mentioned to him I was looking for a Cafe' Project Donor. (Original post)
As a favor to me, he texted me thos pics showing me the bike. He asked me what it was worth, so I thought I would ask ya'll since you know more than I do. JustPlainBill has been the most help so far... thank you again sir.

So how much does he want for it......Asking 2k OBO....... Sorry how much do you want for it....No I'm not buying it......Confused, first you say your mate is selling it now you are............ sounds like you are going to buy it off him cheap then ask what we say its worth. No Sir, Sorry it sounded/looked that way

Lazy opportunist. If you say so

Do the research your self and don't be lazy. All the info is here to tell you what year/model it is and if it is original.
Just thought yall might like to see it too. I thought it is Really Nice!

Can't tell with the piddly arse photos you have displayed but my take is its a bitsa LOL

Yes Sir, have asked for better pics LOL!

UPDATE: Guys/Gals, this Bike is scheduled to go to auction 1st week of April. I have contacted the owner for all the info you requested. If he thinks it's worth the time He'll hook us up with the info... as a Favor to me and our XS650 Community. Waiting for reply from him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back