No clutch tesnsion.

nikiforova

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I went to adjust my clutch because it was dragging significantly. I backed out the nut and tightened the screw until I had tension, but then the kickstart wasnt working. Decided to go back in and release some tension on my adjuster. When I loosened the nut, it felt like something popped and then no tension what so ever on my clutch handle. Itll kick over and start now! Doesnt do me any good. whats the plan of attack on this one?

3F171EA4-C14A-48E3-A76A-26D84DD7E9E6.jpeg

Well……

No metal ones available but there is a better plastic one. The plastic is black instead of white and is harder.

SandedFemale.jpg

Just a note on that MikeXS unit. It uses different angles on the swirled part compared to the stock ones so you can't mix the parts. The stock metal male part with the cable arm won't screw into the female MikesXS plastic part.

No metal ones available but there is a better plastic one. The plastic is black instead of white and is harder.

View attachment 226157

Just a note on that MikeXS unit. It uses different angles on the swirled part compared to the stock ones so you can't mix the parts. The stock metal male part with the cable arm won't screw into the female MikesXS plastic part.
Good to know. I’m replacing the oil seal, bushing and pushrod while I’m down there because the tiny leak that it had when I bought it has grown into a small puddle every time I ride 🙄

The female plastic part was used on several other Yamaha models as well so it's pretty easy to find nice used ones on eBay. Many of us take the opportunity to "upgrade" the entire assembly to a "1L9" unit from an XS400. It has several benefits over the original and you can read about them here in post #65 .....

https://www.xs650.com/threads/200-special.51454/page-4

Post #64 will also be of interest to you as it covers the pushrod seal and bushing replacement.

Back