No gas to the plugs!

remainincognito

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've checked for spark and have it. Bike will not start and the plugs are dry. I've checked the main and pilot and both are clear. I do know that the carb is getting gas cause I can see it and the bowl was full. Can it be a timing issue? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Spritz some starter fluid in the carbs, or a dribble a little gas in each plug hole replace plugs, try to start it what happens then? Kick only or electric leg? I don't see a battery so I'm guessing kick. If you have no battery try a battery or put a charger on it while trying to start it, see if that helps.

I just had the same problem on my buddys xs400 .got spark and fuel to the carbs but dry plugs.for some reason his throttle was stuck all the way open and when we got it to free up it fired right up.it was weird . I dont know if that's your problem But figured I'd throw it out there:shrug:

I've checked for spark and have it. Bike will not start and the plugs are dry. I've checked the main and pilot and both are clear. I do know that the carb is getting gas cause I can see it and the bowl was full. Can it be a timing issue? Any ideas?

When was the last time that the engine started normally? What work have you done on the engine since the last time it ran normally?

I believe it is a timing problem but won't be sure until Friday of this week. I found the Auto Advance Unit Plate sheared. I got another one from a forum member and now waiting on the springs and clips from mikes.

The bike was running good when parked for the season with the exception of needing a new coil which was replaced and no work was done since. Carb was pulled and cleaned and tank has new gas and filter.

Back